Wednesday 15 June 2011

2 days in..

I'm now over 2 days into my brace journey. I haven't really had any pain yet, but I am experiencing what I can only describe as an itching sensation in the roots of my lower front teeth. Its absolutely maddening and driving my a bit crazy at times, it's making me so irritable I can barely speak to my poor bf without getting ratty. Its quite upsetting! The sensation is quite mild, and not at all painful, just an annoying, itchy feeling that cannot be scratched!! I've tried taking pain killers but thats not helping. I at an ice lolly earlier and that seemed to provide some brief relief.

Eating is still really hard, my bite has shifted I think so the only point of contact I have is between the molar build up on the left side and the point of one of my upper molars on the left side (the right side molar build up is no longer touching the tooth above!). I have managed to eat mashed potatoes and baked beans, macaroni cheese and quavers (these sort of dissolve in your mouth!) for my evening meals. For breakfast and lunches i've been having smoothies/ milkshake (slim-fast vanilla made with soya milk = yummy and nutritious)/ yoghurt. Having liquid meals is quite good because I can drink them with a straw and not have to spend ages picking bits out my braces.

I've been cleaning my teeth with my oral-b electric toothbrush, using the small brush head (just has a small tuft of bristles) around the brackets, and some interdental brushes for the harder to reach areas. I find the vibrations it makes to be quite soothing to the teeth.

I haven't used much wax, the brackets aren't rubbing to much yet, although I can feel the inside of my lip sort of moulding itself around the brackets which is not a nice sensation!

No comments:

Post a Comment