Monday 13 June 2011

Brace Day

So today was brace day! It took about an hour to put them on (lowers only, the uppers will be put on probably after the frenectomy, not sure yet but I have an appointment with the oral surgeon on the 18th July). The process was fine, not painful or uncomfortable at all. The ortho was training someone I think so I got to listen to him explain the more technical stuff to her which I would normally not have gotten to hear so that was quite interesting.

I'm not in any pain yet, but it feels so so so strange! I've got molar buildups to stop my front top teeth from crashing into the lower brackets. If it wasn't for the buildups it would be a piece of cake, but I think they're going to take a heck of a lot of getting used to. I just tried to eat my first meal (1 slice of leftover pizza) I cut it up into small pieces but it was still a nightmare to chew, I ended up swallowing most of it near enough whole. Lets just hope my stomach acid manages to do the rest of the chewing ok! I realise pizza wasn't the best choice, but I haven't been shopping yet for my soft foods. I'm planning on stocking up on macaroni cheese and slimfast. I don't have much time to spend on breakfast and lunch so I think slimfast might be a good idea, as it contains fibre and vitamins and minerals etc so shouldn't be too bad nutritionally.

I'm really pleased with how discreet these braces are. I've been really apprehensive these last few weeks about how they're going to look, but you really can hardly see them. I'm just going to have to work on not doing strange things with my mouth which makes it look really obvious that somethings going on! It feels like i've got a mouth full of paperclips or something!

Here are the pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment